The event of the year is here!!!! Its good to sail an ACA in Second Life
Rez your 2.5 ACA and Florencia will send you a brand new shiney 2.52 ACA. There are so many cool updates. listed below. All this and we have a new home in Santa Rosa
It couldn’t be easier to get hold of your new 2.52 ACA update, just rezz your old 2.51 ACA on the water and you should get a notecard and updated 2.52 ACA. PLease note that this will a seperate issue of the solo and the multi crew boat when you rezz both (one at a time)
Of course if your going to race your new ACA you will need to ID it..”id xxxx” — where xxxx is *up* to 4 characters. Appends the characters to the boat name for regatta identification.
OK heres what has changed on the new ACA 2.52
ACA33 v.2.52 Release Notes
– Visible indication of race wind use: hover text, green, close to mast foot, “RACE WIND xx.x kts”. No text for other, cruise winds.
– On rez, root prim color is white. After hearing a wind setter it will turn:
. dark red immediately and while “Ignore this” is answered;
. red after “Ignore all”;
. green after “Accept this”.
– Set wind and “pp” (set phantom) commands ignored while using race wind.
Skipper other thanowner
– Owner must sit, say “unlock”, stand up. After that, next one user can sail the boat, until next stand up. (command “lock”also present)
User definable command channel
– On rez, boat tells current command channel. User change it by chat command “/xxx channel yyy” (xxx=current channel, yyy=new channel).
– “Rabid jib” fixed.- Sit text “Board”, instead of “Sit Here”.
– Parts of code cleaned, may be faster.
– Info HUD: now called “ACA33 HUD – info” and modifiable so “settings.ini” can be edited.
– Physics with lowered sails resetting rotations is fixed.
– Polar modified and made “rounder” (and a lil faster).
– Boom offset on rez fixed.
This is just the start of a new era in ACA sailing. Hopefully early next year a whole new total rebuild of the scripts, a spiniker.. What we would love is if you could tell us what you want in the next LARGE update! remember this boat is your boat. Unlike most other boat builders in Second Life we listern to our customers.
If you have a problem please let me (Quirky Torok) know.
Your ACA Team are
Florencia007 Csak (Owner)
Caf Binder (scrpiter and boatbuilder)
Quirky Torok (PR and big mouth)
Beta Testers Carmen Foden, Julia Ceres and Naeve Rossini