Alcatel-Lucent, the Official New Media Provider for the 32nd America’s Cup, has extended to the virtual world its new media coverage of the event. As part of its America’s Cup Anywhere program, 9th.com has built Port AmericasCupAnywhere on Second Life to bring the 32nd America’s Cup to Second Life. Millions of Second Life residents can now share the excitement of the 32nd America’s Cup as if they were in Valencia, Spain. Providing a virtual but live coverage of the races within a virtual world makes the virtual world very close to reality.
Port AmericasCupAnywhere on Second Life offers a wide range of actions such as:
· 3D animation of live races with audio commentaries
· Video highlights at the end of each race day
· America’s Cup Anywhere (ACA) videos presenting the Alcatel-Lucent products developed for the 32nd America’s Cup, within the Alcatel-Lucent Executive Briefing Centre
· VIP Parties with renowned DJ
· Aquatic sports
· ACA-SL Cup with a lot of prizes to win